Frequently Asked Questions
• When will the winners be announced?
Adult and scholarship winners are chosen at our January board meetings. An announcement is typically made in February, follow our Facebook page to stay up-to-date!
• Can I nominate someone who was nominated previously (but did not win)?
Yes - but the nomination must be submitted through a new form with updated information.
• Can I nominate someone who is deceased?
• How are the winners chosen?
OWCC board members review the nominations and make decisions based on the information provided in the nomination form. Each application is reviewed anonymously and chosen using a blind scoring system.
• How many honorees are chosen each year?
The number of recipients flexes with the number of submissions received each year. Although nominated - you are not guaranteed an award.